As India continues to be heavily impacted by the devastating surge in COVID-19 cases, we extend our deepest sympathies to all those affected, including our colleagues in Bangalore and their families and loved ones in the cities most impacted.
Last week, our business took steps to further ensure the health, safety, and support of employees, including:
– Adding to and expanding on our existing healthcare benefits for our employees and their families.
– Working to facilitate access to vaccines for those who want them when they become available (at the moment there is a large vaccine shortage across India).
– Working closely with local and regional resources to explore additional means of support as and when they become available.
At Technicolor, the outpouring of support for our colleagues internally has been extensive. After consultation on the immediate needs, the company decided to partner with Oxfam India, an NGO Technicolor has had a long-term relationship with, to provide immediate on-the-ground community support. A contribution to Oxfam India means you would be supporting their COVID initiatives to:
– Keep people safe and delivering urgent medical supplies to hospitals.
– Distribute PPE, safety kits and installing equipment at government institutions (hospitals/health centres).
– Ensure the COVID-19 vaccine is purchased at true cost prices.
– Provide food to the most marginalized and vulnerable communities.
– Provide direct cash transfers to the most marginalized households.
– Impart skill-based, livelihood training for women and self-help groups to help them generate income.
In addition to the employee support mentioned, Technicolorwill matchdonations from all staff and friends of MPCup to a total of €100,000, to providefurther support and assistance at this critical time.
If you are able to contribute, you can do so by using these links:
Our leadership in India is working on other ways to support our teams and the community.
To our colleagues in India, we are here for you. We wish you continued good health and safety. If you would like to get in touch with MPC Bangalore, you can do so here.